[oletrucks] TF Suburban Floor Covering

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] TF Suburban Floor Covering
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:13:00 -0700
Terry--

Thanks for the kudos!

As for floor covering, fortunately the covering in
my Suburban is in decent shape...not perfect, but
certainly useable, and it will get used.

I don't have any idea where to get it!  It seems to
be mostly tarpaper, with a plasic covering on top,
although the covering may be just highly compressed
paper.  Also, if you are going to try to replace the
whole surface (it's one piece), you'd probably want
to remove the wood...which is also one piece, and
the body is built around the floor, so it's not an
easy job.  It might be worth considering industrial
quality linoleum floor covering instead, but it
would not look original at all.  If you're into wood
working, you could probably replace the covering
with some type of wood veneer, it would look sharp,
but not be too forgiving of use and abuse.  Or, just
paint the wood black, and say it came that way...or
maybe add pickup bed type metal runners (after
cutting grooves in the plywood floor) and say it was
built with a panel truck floor by mistake!

Jim F
59s in AZ