Re: [oletrucks] Sandblast Cabinet

To: "ole trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sandblast Cabinet
From: "Designs by Rock" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:44:41 -0800
As for poor people....My dad got a blasting cabinet from an old warehouse he
was working in one time.  He brought it home and tore it apart to refurbish
it.  To replace the sleeves he used an old inner tube.  For gloves he used
his leather welding gloves.  And when the glass got funky, he just used the
glass from an old broken window in the garage.  Seamed to work just fine for
him.  As for me I don't have a blaster, and his is long gone now, so I
bought an attachment for my pressure washer.  It cost me $5.00, on sale
somewhere because nobody wanted it, and hooked it up the other day.  Works
just fine!  Now all I have to do is build some kind of cabinet and a way to
keep the sand from going down the drain.  What do you think?  Will the shell
of an old Washing machine work for the cabinet?  And maybe a coffee can at
the bottom with a filter in it? Sounds so cheep that it might just work!

John "Rock" Rockefeller
1949 3100 "Eeyore"