[oletrucks] Re: Sandblast Cabinet

To: "Oletrucks List (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Sandblast Cabinet
From: "Szwed, Joe" <SzwedJ@VIAGATE.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:50:22 -0500
I bought the cheap orange plastic bench top model from Harbor Freight.
I thought "It's cheep but should be ok for small stuff".
I was wrong and would not recommend it at all.
The thing leeks real bad, the air safety valve leaks, the gloves that came
with it were junk and the light is mounted in the cabinet so the bulbs don't
last at all.
Better to save your money and buy or build a better one.

When I worked in a machine shop, we had a real nice blast cabinet.
We used to buy rolls of clear film and cut them to fit in front of the
window to protect it. When they got to frosted, just cut a new one.
We did the same for the light too. It was in a box that sat on top of the
cabinet protected from the blast media. The real good nozzles have carbide
tips that last a long time.  Also a vacuum of some sort is a must to suck
the dust out.

Joe Szwed
Stockton, NJ