Hey all, it has been awhile since I last sent anything in, with the exception
of the 55 disk brake thing! A lot has been done on my truck in the last
little while. I have decide to name my truck "Curly" after the famous third
stooge of the Three Stooges. Ever since I was a little little guy, I have
loved the Stooges and so I've decided that I will honor him with my truck. I
also plan to have their logo engraved in one on my rear door windows. Below
is some of the stuff that has been done. Be sure to click on the link below
to visit my website that has photos to go along with all this comentary!
1. The frame is done! I modified the trans mount, which was supose to be for
a th350 but it was to far back. To correct this we made a short adapter
plate. After that I welded in the strut rod eliminators, amazing little kit
by the way! Fabricated some rear shock mounts and welded in some motor
mounts. To finish of the frame my dad and I coated the boxed and filled
frame, and the rear end and the front end componants, in black enamal paint.
2. As we were getting ready to put the engine on the frame we found out that
it is stuck and will not turn. We went to pull off the trany and it just
wouldn't turn. We know that it ran because we drove the truck down to the
garage to pull the engine out but some were along the line it got locked up.
Any help would be of great use to my dad and I!
3. Since the engine was screwed up. My dad and I decided to go ahead and put
the body on. It was awesome. That was the first time I had seen my frame
with a body on! (I bought the truck torn apart!) I've been working on the
body now for a few weeks and it is coming along nicely. A lot of glaze and
bondo is being used, but on the same note, a lot less than one would expect
for a work horse like a panel. I only have a few small spots of rust to take
care of and one cab corner to replace so that is nice. We may have to move
the gas filler, and if we do then we'll just use one of the Hagan filler
doors. My uncle may help me put a power sun roof out of a Buick in the truck.
Not sure when that will take place though. As most of you know, the AD trucks
were not designed for V8's and a lot of people put new fire walls in so that
they can have a V8. Well that guy that we bought this from was the same, and
he had cut the old fire wall out but didn't have the new one yet. We have
purchased a Bitchin' Fire wall to fill the area. The fire wall is most of the
way in but is on hold for right now because we also bought a front and rear
floor, just to the rear of the regular truck cab, and we want to get the power
brake pedel in right along with the brake lines and we didn't want the floor
in the way. The lines are going to go in next week and so the floor should be
soon after. I expect to have the body ready for it's first layer of primer in
about three to four weeks. My family is LDS, also known as Mormons, so I will
be leaving on a mission soon and so the truck will be on hold for two years
will I complete that responsibility.
Thanks for your intrest, if you've made it this far that is! HAHA! I know
that these long emails can get borning but hey, I just thought that maybe
someone would find it interesting besides me!
1953 GMC Panel Truck
oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959