Re: [oletrucks] 55 First Vent Window Install

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 First Vent Window Install
From: "Don Fish" <bluecrow8@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:09:06 -0500
Hi Deve,

My '54 had no windows when I bought it so I've been in your spot recently.
You have to slide the windows onto the rollers with the vent windows out of
the door.  Then you need to "insert" (i.e. ~force~ ) the vent window
assembly in, which holds the front of the door window in place.  I actually
had one assembly install easily and the other involved some twisting and
shouting.  I drove the truck without the windows for a few weeks, but the
vent assembly was secure to reduce rattling.  -hope this helps,

Don    '54 3100