[oletrucks] Is it rebuilt?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Is it rebuilt?
From: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:16:57 -0700 (MST)
Hi all,
I have a couple of questions for the group.
I'm looking into helping a friend of mine get a new motor for his '77
F**d.  He's got a 400 in it now, but we've got a line on a supposedly
rebuilt 460.  here are my questions:
1) I believe the 400 and 460 are the same block. Is this correct?  If so,
the 460 should just bolt right into place right?
2) How can we be sure it's a rebuilt motor, like the ad claims?  This will
also help me because I am considering a 454 (for one of my other
projects), that is also supposed to be rebuilt.
-I'd greatly appreciate any and all help. Tahnks
-alfie