[oletrucks] will 85-87 steering colum and gearbox work in 50 3100?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] will 85-87 steering colum and gearbox work in 50 3100?
From: RobXR250@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:24:32 EST
Here's a question for all of you: would i be able to use a mid 80s colum and
gearbox out of a chevy van for my powersteering swap? I know a late 70s colum
works well and the kit from chevy duty says to use a mid 70s 2wd gearbox out
of a chevy 1/2 ton, but a guy at work it parting out a 85-87 chevy van(dont
remeber the exact year)that has tilt and all that good stuff. I dont know if
it would work with the kit from chevy duty or not so i thought i would ask
you guys.

Thanks
Rob