Re: [oletrucks] Cafe and the environment

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cafe and the environment
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:48:49 -0600
As you all know I am a bit more radical than most, but if I were in charge
of things, all internal combustion transporation would stop. They say
necessity is the mother of invention and I believe this. We would not be
driving 100 year old technology today if we had a serious (I mean really
serious) need to change. Imagine one day an order coming down that we werent
allowed to drive our cars. Trucks didnt move, trains came to a stop. Would
be  a pretty hard pill to swallow wouldnt it? It would also mandate
immediate action and a fix for the problem would be the result and real
fast. End of our dependency on the Arabs and the Petro industry. End of
problem. All in one fell swoop. Its the smart thing and the right thing to
do. Will never happen.

Of course I would also give wavers for antique vehicles so we can preserve
our heritage but if that were all that was on the road poluting the air, no
problem. We have too many rights in this country and not enough forward
thinking people to problem solve in advance of a catastrophe. As we speak we
are all being set up by OPEC for another major petroleum crisis. When will
we learn?

Deve