Re: [oletrucks] 49 glass in 54 doors....(Thanks) & an update

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 49 glass in 54 doors....(Thanks) & an update
From: "Al&Judy" <cayfords@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:48:21 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my question, I am thinking I will do the body
work on the 49 doors, and probably swap the 54 doors for something else I
need.

To refresh everybody on my truck, I have owned the bulk of her for 5 years,
slowly collecting parts to put together a truck. A difficult period with my
employer caused the project to be put on the back burner (waaaay back).
Anyhow, in December, I finally felt confident enough in my employment
situation to start the project up again.

I think I have acquired all the large parts, and am again excited about
building this beast. It will definitely be modified ( sorry to the purists
on the list, but as a consolation, I passed up some perfect, unmolested
parts as too good to modify, and left them for the restorers). The parts
list includes:

406 SBC 11.3:1 with AFR 195 heads
GM TPI
200R4 trans with Midwest 3500 rpm converter
8.5" 10 bolt posi, with 4.56 Richmond gears(suspended on Caravan
springs,thanks Alan G.)
Nova steering column
S10 brake booster and pedal set
F@rd  Contour SVT leather buckets (power and heat) [car was totaled w/12K
miles]

Still to be determined is the front suspension, maybe S10, probably MII.

Anyhow, the parts are here, the project has begun in earnest, be prepared
for many questions. I have enjoyed reading this list for 3+ years, I will be
more involved now.

Al