[oletrucks] Rainy Saturday

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rainy Saturday
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:37:20 EST
Truckers,
  Here in north Texas, we are experiencing yet another freezing rain, sleet
and ice storm.  Temp is about 30, just right to make it miserable.  I spent
about 3 hours in my barn (no cows) buffing and polishing all the stainless
trim I removed from my '48 deluxe before the cab went off the body and paint
guy.
  The inside window frames were probably the easiest since they are quite
solid.  The worst was the outside window trim from the side windows and
windshield.  Very flimsy and floppy.  I took my time and the results were
worth it.  The dash pieces were scratched pretty badly, but most of them were
buffed out.  I am very pleased with the results.  I can hardly wait for the
cab to come back and assembled.
  To me, nothing looks better the gleaming chrome or stainless against black
paint that looks about two feet deep!  Now if the weather would only
cooperate, I could finish the wood and do the final bed assembly.  Fat chance
this weekend.
  FYI, I used buffing wheels and rouge from Harbor Frieght since they were a
lot cheaper than places like Eastwood.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX