[oletrucks] Re: GVW discrepancies?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: GVW discrepancies?
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:54:46 -0600
Justin:

The VIN decoders are OK for most standard installations, but they miss
most of the optional items. My father-in-laws '53 1-ton has a 9,600 GVW
according to the VIN plate, while my '50 GMC 1-ton parts truck has a
7,000 GVW according to the plate. Both have single rear wheels and the
same axle. The variation is in the optional rear axle (and front axle??)
springing.

Dave Q.
'52 1300 1/2-ton Chev (Canadian)