[oletrucks] Solid axle disk brakes 1 ton

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Solid axle disk brakes 1 ton
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 07:25:02 -0700
Rob--

I'd suggest you measure the width of an old truck
first, and see what width would be needed...my
feeling is that the newer trucks are going to be
quite a bit wider, especially the P series with the
8 foot wide (?) body.

We just got a 1975 Travco motorhome, it's on a D*dg*
M400 chassis.  It has a solid axle, disk brakes up
front, a dual brake master cylinder with TWO
hydrovac units, and a drum brake Dana 70 rear axle.
It uses 8 lug 17.5" wheels, which I understand are
getting to be obsolete.  We paid $2000 for the m/h,
and it's not in too bad of shape!  so if you could
find a similar old Chevy based motorhome, it might
make a good basis for building an old cabover
truck...but the truck body may need to be widened to
fit!

Jim F
59s in AZ