[oletrucks] IFS options for newbe...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] IFS options for newbe...
From: "Bill Current" <bcurrent@csu.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:54:17 -0700
Hello everyone, I have been 'listening' to this forum for a while and am
real happy I found this place.

I have recently come into a 52 Chevy pickup that is in pretty good
condition body wise, but is missing things like motor, tranny, etc.  I
have always wanted to make a street rod out of an old pickup and now I
have the chance.  I have been reading through tons of info on IFS
systems, but would like to hear from those who have actually do it.
What is your feeling on doing the crossmember kits vs doing the cut and
hack to put in a whole new front clip?  Also, if doing the front clip,
which ones are better?  I have seen articles about using Mustang II,
Camaro/nova, later model trucks, etc.  I would like to find a solution
that gives the best performance for handling and daily driving but easy
to maintain and find parts less expensively.  Also, somewhere I read
that an S10 frame is very close to the 52's so could I swap the whole
S10 frame under the 52?

I hope I have posted this correctly, please feel free to correct any
thing I have done wrong.

Thanks in advance for all the help so far and in the future.
Bill C.