Re: [oletrucks] <Tech E - Long> Using Mopar 3-spd OD trans in

To: <GremlinGTs@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] <Tech E - Long> Using Mopar 3-spd OD trans in
From: "jcerniglia" <jcerniglia@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 11:58:05 -0500
Very interesting concept, but the most important thing to remember
that these trucks were never designed to travel at todays highway
speeds. The brake system on them with the original drums and
non power brake will make traveling at those speeds extremley
dangerous as you would never be able to stop in a quick enough
time if need be on the highway. It all comes down to if you plan
on re gearing your truck wether it be through gears or a tranny
swap like this one, allways plan on at least converting the front
to power disc brakes, well the whole brake system will be power
but the rear can be left as with the original drums to mirror todays
production trucks, just my two cents.

Jeff Cerniglia
Bristol Ct.
59 GMC Fleetside