[oletrucks] brake drum removal

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] brake drum removal
From: john j tonyes <flfox1@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:48:44 -0500
Don't really know how to be nice about this but here I go.
For all of you young fellows.  From us old F@#$&, there was a tool to
remove the rear brake drums very easy.  I will give you the name of the
Co. that made it and the part number.  I am sure that  some else made it.
 This was back in the 50's, when I bought it.     K-D Mfg Co. No 284 .
There were two of them in a set.  You put them in the two round holes in
the brake durm and it would pull the drum off, yery easy.

I still have them and they sure help me in my restoration.

John T.