[oletrucks] 1957 rear end (I think I'm supposed to say Don't laugh !)

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1957 rear end (I think I'm supposed to say Don't laugh !)
From: "William M. Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 06:54:29 -0500
List,

I have found a 1957 Chevy Truck rear end. It's a six lug bolt pattern.  I've
seen a few emails that say a quick upgrade for some of the oletrucks with
torque tube drivelines is to find a 55 2nd series rear end and do the
switch. One posting even said the 55 is a good match for trucks with Huck
brakes. Is the 57 the same ? Just as good ?

I have a 1940 3/4 ton that I would like to convert to open drive line.

Bill Schickling