[oletrucks] New Port Wiper fit OK

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] New Port Wiper fit OK
From: Alan Quin <Alan_Quin@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:03:02 -0800
    Hi fellow ole truckers
            My experience with my New Port wiper motor was good. I found
the linkage to the pass. side wiper shaft hit the top of my 52 gmc
restored radio when turned on. I contacted New Port and they had never
heard of this inter ference with a stock radio.They said most trucks
used a newer radio and probably had a smaller back behind back of the
dash. I shortened the bottom radio mount spacers were it fastens to the
bottom flange of dash,thus lowering the back of the radio which gave
enough clearance for the moving arm going to the right wiper.My truck
hasn`t seen rain for 5 years since redid it. I was able to mount a stock
chrome switch knob to their switch shaft,drilling it out and using a set
screw.The stock knob shure looks ugly on an ADdash. Thanks Alan Quin 52
GMC 1/2 ton 9300 canadian