Re: [oletrucks] Original or Custom A CAN OF WORMS!!!

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Original or Custom A CAN OF WORMS!!!
From: "Jake" <jacobh@ida.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:50:42 -0700
I don't think this is a good question to put out to the list.  This is
something that you have to decide on your.  As the subject says, this is
just opening a huge can of worms.  There are always going to be resto freaks
as well as rod freaks.  I happen to be a rod freak and want to be able to
drive a hot old car but have the comforts of a new car. (i.e. smooth ride,
ac, nice stereo system, comfortable interior.)  But on the same note, I do
belive in keeping with the "old" aspect to a point.  (I wouldn't cut out my
dash and replace it with something modern or mold new front sheet metal to
my truck, I have seen that done.  Very nasty if you ask me!  So what you
should do is just look at a buch of nice rides and see what you like and
then go from there.  Add what you like and leave the rest out.  If that
means updating the running gear do it.  If that means adding modern sheet
metal, well, I guess do it.  You truck is just that, your truck.  So who
cares what anyone else thinks of it.  (Unless you are out to build a show
winner then you need to care what others thing of it :)
Just my two cents worth,
Jake Heaton
1953 GMC Panel truck (Rod Project)
Preston, Idaho