[oletrucks] '50 GMC questions

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] '50 GMC questions
From: "Ed Gaito" <ed_gaito@webtrix.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 19:11:17 -0500
I recently purchased a '50 GMC and am starting out by trying to identify the
engine and anything else I can about it.

Here are the numbers I've found:

On the block, drivers side:  6107326 GMC 6
The Head:  2194819 with a B below the number
Intake:  6107377 A 0 (the 0 is questionable).
Carb:  Can't find a number...single barrel, has the name Zenith on it.

I think the rear has been replaced because of the way the springs appear to
be hacked onto it and it's an open driveshaft.

Can anyone get me started?

Thanks,

-Ed G.