Re: [oletrucks] Shifters

To: "Jeff Clark" <clark@wmis.net>, "Truck List"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shifters
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:16:31 -0800
I installed one a few years ago on a 1948 GMC truck that I built for my Dad.
It installed very easy with (2) bolts on the back tailshaft housing and (2)
where the factory assembly casting are on the side of the case.  I'm not
sure on the long shaft length as he wanted the smaller shaft that was just
higher than the bottom seat cushion.  The angle of the shifter lever is
adjustable to help with clearing the dash or seat.  The top mounting plate
is also adjustable to help place the shifter in the desired location. The
button on the center of the shifter knob has to be depressed to allow gear
selection.

Joe