[oletrucks] Re: Rear end

To: "Chevy Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Rear end
From: "Stephen" <slb1@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 00:04:25 -0800
Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply.

Where did you find the Ford 9" and did you need to rebuild it?  That would
be an ideal rear-end since I am planning on 350 hp.  I don't have a problem
moving the spring perches.  Figured I would be doing that however it worked
out.  Did the 62" width cause and problems with tire clearance?  I am hoping
to fit 9" X 15" rear wheels.  8" if the 9s won't fit.  What is the set-back
on your rims?

What is the rest of the driveline and suspension on your panel?

One final question, were the brake parts from the '66 disc or drum?  I am
hoping to go discs all around.

Guess I loaded up on questions here.  Whatever you can answered will help
much.

Thanks,

Stephen
'50 Chevy Suburban