Re: [oletrucks] rare TF parts I'm buying

To: dcvjrv@covad.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rare TF parts I'm buying
From: VIDEOEIC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:26:29 EST
O.K. guys I'm feeling a little guilty, I don't have any of those parts you
are looking for.
But for a long time I was looking for the original Hydra-matic shifter and
linkage for Taskforce chevy, I finally found a bunch while back, my project
is done but I have extra, I used the original hydra-shifter with my GM350, it
works pretty good, although shift pattern is a little strange:
pull down 1 click for drive, then if you want reverse, gently push up and
there is another notch between drive and park,
the indicator doesn't match though.

I have two more units, but will part with one of them.
This is not a bolt on project though, it took some figuring.
and slight modification to the linkage.

JM Hurley
55 2nd big window, 265 power-pac,hydra-matic