[oletrucks] Soldering, again

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Soldering, again
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:48:51 -0600
By the way, eutectic solder has the right mix of tin and lead so
it freezes all at once instead of getting slushy for a while.  This
makes the joint set up faster and also lets the joint be made at
the lowest temperature.  If you can't fine eutectic resin core solder,
60-40 resin core also works well, it is very close to eutectic.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN

At Tuesday, 27 March 2001, you wrote:

>Along the same subject line...can anyone tell me how to solder 8
or 10 guage
>alternator wire. I am trying to install a new battery wire plug to my
>alternator (10ga or maybe 8?). I've heard not to crimp, but always
solder
>wires to avoid voltage drops from resistance.
>    I have a 100w soldering iron. Which type of solder should I
be using? I
>just can't seem to get the wire hot enough to absorb the solder.
What is the