Re: [oletrucks] Re: Hyddrovac

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Hyddrovac
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 07:27:22 EDT
One of the reasons that I'm interested in original style power brakes and
power steering retrofits to the Suburban is that my wife is only 5' 1" (guess
I'm not allowed to say her weight but it's not much) and her strength is
corresponding to her size.  She definitely can't turn the wheel (usefully) on
the sub when it's stopped, and I'd be concerned about her being able to stop
it as well.  I didn't have any problem with it (I'm actually one of the types
that thinks that the stock suspension, brakes, and steering are fine even at
highway speeds), and she wouldn't drive it except under unusual
circumstances, but w/o those kind of mods, she won't be able to drive it at
all.  This doesn't mean that I'll do the mods for sure (she prefers to drive
her 97 Jeep Wrangler Sahara) as the parts are desperately rare, but I'm sure
checking into it.

Mark Noakes
Knoxville, TN
58/56 Chevy Suburban