Re: [oletrucks] 1 ton rear question.. was: Camaro Rear End

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1 ton rear question.. was: Camaro Rear End
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:44:04 -0400
Justin, have you thought about adding an auxiliary transmission for
Overdrive and leaving the existing rear alone?  This would give you the best
of both worlds, low range (normal direct drive) for the hard pull and high
range for the open highway.  US Gear makes them.  I don't know if it will
work for you or not, but a friend has one on his 32' motor home (454 w/
Turbo-400) and it works great.  They cost about $1800.00.  Try
www.usgear.com

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland