Re: [oletrucks] Window removal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Window removal
From: Nick_Griswell@SIND.COM
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:09:46 -0400
Thanks to all for the great information on removing the windows in my 54.  I was
able to remove all of the "original" inserts and the weather-stripping with
really no problems at all.  The only problem was that with the age of the
rubber, it was hard as a rock and wanted to break into about every inch or so.
However, once the inserts were removed, I followed the groups recommendations
and cut away the old weather-stripping, and my windows came out with no effort
at all.  Well worth the effort.  Once all of the windows were removed, I
inspected all of the window lips, and to my amazement there was hardly any rust,
and in the two spots where it was present, it was only dime sized and all
surface!  What a relief!  Now I can remove my cab with a little more piece of
mind!  Thanks for all you guys support!  The list is great!

Nick Griswell
Rock Spring, GA
54-3100 5-window "FATBOY"

Nick Griswell