Re: [oletrucks] backfire update

To: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] backfire update
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 07:19:20 -0700
Jim,

I had a similar problem when running 10w 30 so I switched back to straight
30 wt. and the oil pressure went back to where it was before.

If the hesitation goes away after the engine is warm then it sounds more
like a choke needing adjusting then the carburetor.  A constant hesitation
on acceleration would be caused by a bad accelerator pump in the carburetor.
Sometimes you can advance the timing some to eliminate or reduce a
hesitation.

Joe