Re: [oletrucks] fuel line

To: tomntam@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] fuel line
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:47:01 EDT
tomntam@earthlink.net writes:

<< Is there any harm in using old fuel line that hasn't had fuel ran
 through it in 16 years?  The ends look fairly clean on the inside, obviously
 the outside is dirty. I am looking for ways to save some money. This may be
 a total restore eventually but right now I just want to make it move on its
 own power. After i accomplish that and make sure the engine runs good i will
 decide on a total restore.
 Would running denatured alcohol through the line help it at all? Or maybe
 running a piece of wire through it to loosen up any stuff that maybe in
 there?
        thanks for the help. and friendly regards from the Carolinas,
                        Tom

Tom,

  The cost of 3/8th or 5/16th brake line to use is so inexpensive, it
shouldn't be a factor.

 Worst case with an old fuel line would be rust inside, that could pose
problems, either with contamination, or with actual rust through.

  Mike