Re: [oletrucks] TH-350 mount bolts

To: "Mark A. Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TH-350 mount bolts
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:16:52 -0700
Hi Mark,

>When I removed the TH-350 tranmission and mounts, from my donor car, I
>misplaced (My wife says LOST) the mounting bolts.  Can anyone tell me what
>size these bolts are?  There are two that hold the mount to the tranns and
>two that hold the mount to the crossmember.  Thgey look like 1/2".  But,
>what is the length and the dia. and pitch, and are they the same?

Best I can recall they're 7/16-14 about 1" long, usually requiring a 5/8"
(or 11/16") socket or wrench, and each were secured with the appropriate
size flat  and lock washer. Stick a piece of welding rod or a Q-tip stick
in the hole and verify the depth so the bolt doesn't bottom out.

BTW the wife and lost bolt diagnosis seem to point to early stages of
"anterior lobe spousal audio retention disorder" which has become epidemic
amongst most older automotive minded gentleman. My wife has (I suspect)
correctly diagnosed myself and several of my friends with the affliction. I
find it easy to remember obscure facts like when the 1st Chevy V8 was
built, or the first American V10, the next cruise night etc but birthdays,
anniversaries and such are just a foggy recollection in the past :)

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net