[oletrucks] Re: Jet Source

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Jet Source
From: Barrett Revis <snappydog@jackass.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:05:25 -0700
I've noticed that a number of folks are looking to drop the jet size
down in their Rochester B's, I assume to improve mileage.  I was
thinking along those same lines until I came across this caution at
the back of Rochester's "The ABC's of Carburetion" (published around
1950 to 53):

"The practice of indiscriminately installing lean main metering jets
to improve economy is without basis. Lean jets are intended for high
altitude use only and will not improve mileage at average or sea
level altitudes. Excessively lean jets may result in burned engine
valves."

Just thought I'd pass that caution along for what it's worth.  If
anyone has any information to the contrary, let me know, I'd love to
improve my mileage though not at the expense of my valves...

Barrett Revis
Sparks, NV

'53 3105
'48 3105