[oletrucks] Which Engine Do I have?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Which Engine Do I have?
From: "The Slesaks" <foghorn@ev1.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:31:02 -0500
The V-8 engine that came with my 41 GMC has Chevy 327 valve covers. The
block casting number is GM 3892657, and the intake manifold casting number
is GM2 8877652. According to the classic Auto web site, the block (if it is
really a 327) was used in 67 Corvettes, and heavy-duty trucks. Can anyone
tell from the numbers which engine I have, and offer more technical data? I
assume it is from a heavy-duty truck, but I am not sure. Does anyone know of
a web site where I can find more info on this engine?

On thing for sure, the truck really gets after it!

Regards,
Tim Slesak
41 GMC 3/4 Ton