[oletrucks] Which Gas Tank for AD??.....

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Which Gas Tank for AD??.....
From: "AKBurke" <ajkburke@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 22:39:45 -0600
OK guys...I need some help....

I've bought some seat for my AD truck (Caddy, 60/40 leather power
buckets...sweet) and now I need to address the gas tank under the rear
frame issue.  I searched the archives and found a heated discussion
from last summer about the merits of this move (and I certainly don't
mean to reopen those wounds ;-)

So the question comes...What tank will fit?

The only reference in the archive to a specific tank is attached
below.  Unfortunately there are no Advance Auto Parts stores in my
area (Boise)...and I can't find anything on the web about American
Designers GM12.

So I turn to this forum....

My new rear leafs are inboard of the frame...and assuming final ride
height, it looks like I could fit a tank that is 32" wide, 24" front
to back and about 10-11" high.  What tank is anybody familiar with
that might fit this space?  I'm told that anything much less than 20
gallons is a pain...thoughts??  Has anyone tried a rear fill (through
the license plate?)...perhaps a Nova mid 70's??

Shawn: if you out there?...what is the width of the GM12 tank?

any and all help greatly appreciated....
-A

from the archives...

I'm using a "American Designers" GM12, sender was $59.0 1973-8? Blazer
25
gal, alum tank, paid $109.00 at Advance Auto Parts

Shawn

>From: RobXR250@aol.com
>To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
>Subject: [oletrucks] gas tank for under bed on 50 3100
>Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 19:53:49 EST
>
>What do you all recomend for a gas tank to mount under the bed of my
50
>Chevy
>3100? I can get about any gas tank through work at a good price.
>
>Thanks
>Rob
>oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and
1959