Re: [oletrucks] Need a good 235

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Need a good 235
From: DFloyd818@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:14:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/01 7:45:09 PM, bob_keeland@usgs.gov writes:

<< I expected to pay between $50 to $100 for an unknown but probably
rebuildable 235.  $400 is too much unless the history is known.  >>

How much can one expect to spend on a quality rebuild of a 235 utilizing dual
carburetion?  I realize that much depends on the amount of machining required
and the number of new parts required... but on average, would you say I could
expect to pay more than $400 to rebuild a 235?  How much should I expect to
pay for a 235 that someone else rebuilt and then decided to run a V8 thus
rendering the 235 available for purchase?  Should I offer half of what he has
invested?  OR,   Should I just chuckle to myself and ask how much for the 350
when he decided he wants more horsepower and needs a big block?

David
'36 IHC COE