[oletrucks] Vacuum Lines

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Vacuum Lines
From: NTemple46@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 21:44:38 EDT
In swapping my 216 for a 235 I came across a discrepancy today and am not
sure whether it even matters, or what I should do about it.  My 216 had a
much larger vacuum line coming off of the intake manifold (maybe 3/8"), as
compared to the 1/4" line that comes off of my 235's offy dual carb intake.
The line routes over to a check valve/distribution box which takes the
various vacuum lines to their final destination.  Will the 1/4" line suffice
for the Hydrovac Booster and my windshield wipers?  Can I pull additional
vacuum from somewhere else?  I would like to avoid buying a new dual action
fuel pump but have heard that it really improves the vacuum for wipers etc.

Thanks in advance.

Neil Temple
46 2-ton