[oletrucks] Chevytruck.org domain

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Chevytruck.org domain
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:38:44 -0400
To All:
   As most know the web site chevytrucks.org has been in a state of flux
last week or so. I have been in contact with Ted Timmons, the owner and we
have come to an agreement for him to transfer the ownership of the domain
over to me. Many thanks to Ted for all the outstanding work he has done.
This process my take 3 weeks or so, as the paperwork is just starting. I
will obtain the same hosting company that does my wifes domain, will set
this up next few days.
As many many of you had your truck photo on the members page, which was on
the site and as you know if you had links to the domain in you signature,
the link is inoperable. During this interim period if you dont' have a
place for your truck photo on the web or want to get your signature working
again, email me off list, with the above return address, Ted has graciously
restored my wayne@chevytrucks.org mailing address so that will work to, and
I'll put it on her domain name. Please email me off list with any request.
If your photo was there before, I still have you picture on my local pc so
no need to resend the photo.
   I plan on keeping the site working in pretty much the same direction as
it was, would like to keep a more centralized location for folks with stuff
for sale and folks looking for needed items, I want to primarily keep this
section for list members and don't want every tom,dick and harry sending me
stuff they have for sale-any list member items will be very welcomed. The
vendors page will be there as well as mailing list info, technical articles
and so on.
   Most probably don't know that Miq, Ted, Rob Jacobs (believe rob moved on
to better things, and Ron Ramirez (he does the http://mrphilco.com and
kinda sure Bob Adler was the ones who got the mailing list online for the
oletrucks community. Ted felt a need for a web domain and bam--the
http://www.chevytrucks.org was developed. Ron Ramires http:www.mrphilco.com
has taken his antique radio restoration to new heights, he also has since
left the list.. I have been on the list since 96 when it was under 50
members and it has come along way, believe were 800+ now.        All the
above people are to thank for what you presently see as The Oletrucks
Mailing List.

Thank you for your time and sorry so long...

So hang on--new things are coming.....  Wayne

All this is done out of labor for love-cuz we damn sure don't make any
money at it....

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.