RE: [oletrucks] looking for a radio for my 46

To: "'Durwood B. Darbin'" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] looking for a radio for my 46
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 07:41:58 -0400
There is no dash holes for a radio in this series of trucks.  I am just
guessing that it at one time had an under dash radio since there is an add
on antenna on the driver side cowl.  The cable inside the cab would only
reach about 2 feet so it would not make it up the kick and then to the
center of the dash.  There are a few extra rough holes drilled in the bottom
of the dash and I am guessing that the radio fit between the steering tube
and the kick.  I have seen a few cheep under dash radios on the bay-e site.
However I have no way to tell if they are 6 volt.  I am guessing that only
the tube radios are 6 volt and the solid state are only 12 volt.  Is this a
bad guess?

I was wondering what ever happened to New Mexico Jim - should I call myself
New Hampshire Jim....

Thanks,
NHJim