RE: [oletrucks] 1946 Wiper Moter

To: <KMartin100@aol.com>, "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 1946 Wiper Moter
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:37:34 -0400
Kurt,
I think most of this should be posted to the list there may be some other
listees that are interested in this topic.

The quick way to tell between a 46 - 1/2 and 3/4 is the bed length.

The 1/2 ton model 3104 - has a wheelbase of 115" and a GVW of 4600 LBS - the
load space (bed) is 78" long and 57 3/8 wide.

The 3/4 ton model 3604 - has a wheelbase of 125 1/4" and GVW of 5800 LBS -
the load space is 87" long and the same width.

They both have the same bed height of 16 1/4"

The easy to tell is to look between the cab and rear wheels.  If there is
only one exterior stake pocket (like) than it is a 1/2 to - if there are two
stake like pockets between the cab and rear wheel then it is a 3/4 ton.

There are two things you should do now.
The first is to order as many catalogs as you can find.  I have an old
posting from a month or two back covering the Art Deco shops.  The second
thing is to purchase a shop manual.  A very old list member, who is no
longer on the list (Jeff Fox) has made a web page of all of the vendors:
http://www.execpc.com/~jfox/suppliers.html

Second - order the shop manual:
Since this series was broken up by World War II there is a lack of info.
What is in re-printed form is the shop manual for passenger cars from 1942 -
1948 and 1942 -1946 trucks.  This is as good as it gets.  There is NO
factory assembly manual for this series.  After looking for a year I now own
a  1937 -1946 parts catalogue (from GM Canada) this contains about 100
diagrams that are used in some of the catalogs.  It is only for passenger
chassis however a lot of the parts are the same.  I can scan whatever you
need - just let me know.

NHJim
46 Chevy 3104 - the 1/2 ton