Re: [oletrucks] Time / labor for M II

To: "Carlos Madero" <cmadero@flavorite.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Time / labor for M II
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:31:14 -0700
The time will vary on the condition of the frame, Mustang II crossmember
supplier, stock or tubular lower control arms etc.,  I think it took me
about 6 or 7 hrs last time to install a Mustang II crossmember.  That was
welding in the boxing plates, locating the crossmember and welding it in,
Locating the top hats, setting up the control arms to locate the strut rod
brackets, and installing the rack and pinion to see if I needed to notch the
frame for tie rod clearance.  It could take longer if you just tack weld
everything in place and then check the location of the tire within the
fender opening and decide to move the crossmember again.

You can save a  lot of time by having the frame free of grease, all the
a-arms rebuilt, rack and pinion bushing installed with new tie rod ends on
the rack and have a clean work area.

Joe