[oletrucks] Window installation (Update)

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Window installation (Update)
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:17:06 EDT
  It is over!  The three rear windows in my '48 AD are finally in.  To
review, the first corner took about 3 hours total over a couple of days.  The
second corner took about half that time.  The flat rear seemed to be the
easiest, it only took me 45 minutes!  My technique was finally perfected, but
now I'm done.  Maybe I should take them back out and see how fast I can
reinstall them?  NOT!!!
  After some of the horror stories of truckers and glass shops giving up on
the AD windows, I was very pleased to be able to do my own.  I may not be too
fast, but the results are very nice, especially with the chrome locking bead.
 I ended up modifying the "special tool" (based on a list input) and that
really helped speed the process.  If anyone needs help installing their rear
glass, don't call me.  Seriously, thanks for all the inputs and encouragement
I received.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX