Re: [oletrucks] need seat redone in '53

To: "Old GMC Pickup" <truxrme@hotmail.com>, <stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] need seat redone in '53
From: "Gary and Cheryl Radicic" <gradicic@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:18:43 -0500
I recently done my seats for my 50 Chev 3600  myself.  I used a Chevy duty
maroon vinyl cover, $125.00, and purchased the pad, foam and cover pad for
$65.00 from an upholstery shop.
It was really very low tech but did require a lot of hand strength and
patience.  It took me about 3 evenings and was great.  I suggest the Chevy
"C" clips for the edge of the frame and use the hog rings to anchor and
attach the seat cover.  Start by anchoring the cover on the front - nice and
even and then stretch to the back... evenly. :)
Gary
1950 Chev 3600
Geneseo, IL