[oletrucks] oletrucks: distributor

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] oletrucks: distributor
From: Roger.Gleason@uconn.edu
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:06:28 -0400
I found the little plastic/bakelite thingy where the negative coil wire
connects to the distributor broken. Does anyone have one of these things
from an old dist. laying around? I suppose I could fashion a new one if
necessary out of plastic but it has a square hole in it to hold the
screw/bolt from turning. The points have a tang that connects to the inside
along with the wire terminal from the condensor. I'm pretty resourceful
maybe I can cast one out of JB Weld or something. I looked thru several
catalogs but couldn't find one anywhere.
Maybe I'll have to go to the HEI sooner than I thought but I wasn't gonna
go to 12 volts until I got it registered.
Speaking of the HEI, I checked the archives and someone posted that the
shaft was too long and it had to be cut, and another posted that you had to
add to it. Something about also turning the gear upside down and redrilling
the pin hole. Is that all there is to it? What is it cut or add? How about
all the wires that come out of it, where do they go? Coil? I probably
should have saved some of the other connector  wires. I know my V8 HEI has
only two wires on it one for the power and one for the tach. The coil is in
the cap. Any ideas?
Roger G
51-3100 AD Huckster.