Re: [oletrucks] Canceling signal lights

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Canceling signal lights
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:07:52 -0500
Onthe stock system, there is a metal ring screwed onto the bottom
of the steering wheel with a metal tab that engages the guts of the
canceling mechanism every time the wheel goes around.  If this is
there, and the signal switch cup is close enough to the wheel for
it to engage, then there is probably just some gunk inside the switch
mechanism that needs loosening up.  There could also be broken springs
etc that keep the self cancelling system from working.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN

At Tuesday, 1 May 2001, you wrote:

>Bill / list
>
>I having trouble getting my self canceling signal lights to work
on my 59
>GMC 1/2 ton. Last fall I posed this question and Bill helped me
out and very
>reasonably sold me a some good used parts.
>
>Now I have finally gotten garage space back now that warmer weather
is here
>and I am looking at the problem.
>
>My signal lights work but will not self cancel after turning a corner.
Now