RE: [oletrucks] TF Door Hinge

To: "'Bill Broadway'" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] TF Door Hinge
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:02:12 -0500
Got mine from Heavy Chevy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Broadway [mailto:bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 10:38 AM
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] TF Door Hinge

Does anyone know if they make a patch panel for the lower door hinge pocket
... it's not the outer piece seen here with the upper and lower bolt
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/55truck/newpics/lowerhinge.jpg

It's the part inside that has the third hinge bolt, depicted in the two
photos below
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/55truck/newpics/leftcorner.jpg
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/bill/55truck/newpics/leftlwr.jpg

The shop says they can strengthen this part up, as it is structural only and
not cosmetic, but it would be so much easier if there was a part already
made to fix it. If anyone knows, or has worke don this area, please let me
know.

They've already started on my cab corners, they have one totally done, and
the drivers they have the inner panel already in place, just lack the outer
panel. They have also shaved my gas filler ... it's great to finally have
things going! This weekend I will be powder coating more suspension, it's
going great and looks great ... and I'm about to order my front air
suspension (for a 70 Camaro clip) http://www.ridetech.com/images/CAMARO1.JPG
It comes with the air bag, brackets, shock brackets and shock. They surely
have engineered these systems much better than I could, and I have heard
lots of horror stories about homemade systems and other dealers.

Thanks,
Bill