[oletrucks] 2 posi units for 55-59 NEEDED

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 2 posi units for 55-59 NEEDED
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 21:47:55 EDT
Hey everyone,

I'm diving into a ground up of my new '59 1/2 ton NAPCO. I'm doing the
chassis first and I figure while I'm here I'm gonna do things right. The
axles are gonna be powered by a torquey tuned port small block and a new
process 5 speed so I figure if I'm gonna have enough grunt to spin both tires
I might as well give it posi. The stock posi carrier is a spicer unit. I've
never had one in a 55-59 axle, but I do have a very similar spicer posi in a
'63 ford DANA 60 under my '79 chevy drag truck. I have one twisted axle
shaft, but both both tires always spin! The same carrier will also work in
the NAPCO front axle so I'm looking to find 2 rebuildable units.

Dustin