[oletrucks] Thanks

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Thanks
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 17:05:05 EDT
A while back, I asked for advice on the best way to install front sheetmetal
after coming back from the painter.  I wanted to know if it were better
(safer) to install it a piece at a time or do the whole front assembly.
While I did get some different opinions, the majority said to put the front
end together and then install the whole thing on the truck.  Well, that's
what I did (with a couple of friends helping) and it worked great.  The
entire front end was mounted and snugged down in less the 30 minutes.  A few
final adjustments and on went the hood.  Very smooth and easy.  For all those
who provided advice on the reassembly, thanks a bunch.  FYI, all the new
paint survived perfectly (so far).

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX