[oletrucks] Truck Bed Rebuilding

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Truck Bed Rebuilding
From: Ric McAnulty <ric_mcanulty@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 07:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
OK, so my '50 3100 is about to become a driver again.
As I compose this the last phase of front end/engine
rebuilding is being taken care of. My goal slightly
different that some of yours. It's to make my truck a
solid dependable driver for my 15 year old daughter to
learn how to drive in (gives me about 6 more months
!), and to protect her from the plastic fantastic cars
of today (can you picture a Chevy Geo hitting this
peice of steel !). Anyway to the subject at hand. I
need to replace the truck bed wood and want to know
the best way to go about it. Do I need / have to
remove the bed, or can it be done while still mounted
? I plan to use the design spec's I've seen on the
list to fabricate the bed myself since woodworking is
one of my forte's. I'd appreciate the information on
how best to attack this. Then it will be on to body
and paint !

Ric McAnulty
'50 3100  235/6
http://auctions.yahoo.com/