RE: [oletrucks] Timing light and oil gage questions (unrelated,

To: "Ole Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "tim"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Timing light and oil gage questions (unrelated,
From: "Mike " <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 14:3:54 -0700
----- Original Message -----

From: tim

To: Ole Truckers

Sent: 5/24/01 6:43:31 PM

Subject: [oletrucks] Timing light and oil
gage questions (unrelated, perhaps)

A few (probably) unrelated questions for you knowledgeable folks:

- -Just how bright should my timing light be?  I can barely make
out the

flash on mine by cupping my hand over it.  This isn't just on my
truck, I

tested it on a buddy's car last night.  I've never used the light
before,

but I purchased it (it looked fairly old then) about 6 months ago.

:

______________________________

  Should be easy to see in the daylight

______________________________

- -What might be some causes of an oil gage reading no
pressure?  I just

noticed it since rebuilding the distributor, if that
helps.  Where is the

oil gage located on a 235 engine?

______________________________

  I think you didn't get the distributor seated all the way in...be
careful, if the distributor is not in, you'll smoke the bottom end rather
quickly.  If I recall, my oil gauge line comes from a tee at the oulet of
the bl;ock to the oil filter line.

- -For someone who has a throttle cable attached to their Rochester

single-barrel carb, where and how is the cable attached?  I found

vertical clamp for the cable housing (at 90 degrees to the choke
cable

housing clamp), but I can't figure out how or where to attach the
cable

itself to the linkage.

  I'll see if I can get a decent pic with my cheap, imitation digital
camera, and send it to you.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org

"Power that comes from the barrel of a gun can only be effective for

short time." -The Dalai Lama

"We choose to go to the moon...because that goal will serve to
organize

and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that
challenge

is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to
postpone,

and one which we intend to win." -John F. Kennedy

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it--even if

have said it--unless it agrees with your own reason and your own
common

sense." -Buddha

--- Mike

--- passnb4u@earthlink.net