[oletrucks] Hydraulic Lifters

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hydraulic Lifters
From: Pat Bibbs <PatB@iewc.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 15:43:51 -0500
I'm a semi-novice on this subject.
I have set lash on standard lifters but I'm not sure about hydraulic one.

A new rebuild, new Comp-Cam roller lifters and Crane roller rockers.

Engine has not been started yet.
I understand that it is zero lash, I know how to make sure the valve is
closed.
When I run the nut down on the post, how far should I turn it?
Until it doesn't rattle, then a half turn ? Then set the set screw ?

I just want to make sure I don't go too far.