[oletrucks] starter paint

To: "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] starter paint
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 07:52:28 -0400
I had my starter rebuilt about 6 months ago by an older local man.  He
painted the whole unit black and it looked great.  I installed it and it
works great.  Now it is starting to show a lot of rust.  What is the correct
way to paint something like this?  I have no compressor so everything I can
do is in a can.

One side story, I was picking up a yard of mulch in the truck this weekend
and the yard guy started asking me a lot of questions about the truck.  He
new his stuff.  He had a 50 3/4 ton 5 window while living in Tennessee, he
restored frame up. He drove it for about a year until he got every squeak
out of it.  The next week the truck was stolen, never to be herd from again.
This happened about 5 years ago.

Thanks,
NHJim