[oletrucks] Saginaw transmision.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Saginaw transmision.
From: antonio <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 16:28:40 -0700
I have a question regarding the Saginaw transmission.
I just got a 4 speed saginaw trasnmission for my '53
Chevy truck, I noticed that the saginaw is smaller and
ligther than the original SM420 monster tranny that was
origianlly installed on my truck, this tranny had no
mounts other than the closed driveline and the
bellhousing. Do I need to install a crossmember in
order to secure the saginaw to the truck, or is the
bellhousing enough? The saginaw has a boss for some
sort of mount at the bottom.
The engine is a 6 cyl 235 and open driveline.

Thanks,

Antonio